Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Mitsubishi 60" DLP set, and when I returned from vacation

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi 60" DLP set, and when I returned from vacation today, the set only stays on for about 10 seconds, and the status light is solid amber. I've unplugged the tv and vacuumed around the lamp door. From what I read, it means that there is excessive heat. What do I try next?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Slid amber status light indicates bad thermal/ temp sensor which would be located near lamp housing area and entire chassis of TV will need to take out from TV, replacement of thermal sensor will help to resolve the problem.
Required thermal sensor part number is ***** that can be search/google to get price info.
Please check following links to view thermal sensor location in TV which will help to find it in TV..
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/TVTech1/2011-09-12_013921_untitled_-_3.jpg
http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/data/2247886/b/b9/b90ce654_SAM_0543.jpeg
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.