Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I bought a LG 37LC7D - UB. The different inputs

Customer Question

I bought a LG 37LC7D - UB. The different inputs do not work or sometimes the volume comes through but is really distorted. When I hook up the HDMI it shows up in the upper right hand corner but all wavy and the sound is distorted. I tried the V-chip updated but could not get it to pickup the USB. I hope you are able to help me.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) Are you trying more than one source connected to the TV- with the same issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it for 6 months and the problem started last week.
I have tried to hook a laptop through HDMI and VGA, HDMI from my Direct TV receiver. Coaxial from a VCR, RCA from a DVD and VCR, the component kinda woks but the picture still flickers and the voices are off.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. So this TV was purchased brand new 6 months ago?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The reason I ask is because the symptoms you have point to a faulty Mainboard, which is the AV processing board (external inputs and the audio are all processed on this one board). This requires replacement of this component to fix the TV, and if you're only 6 months into owning the set, then this needs to be addressed by LG under warranty.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Or if you purchased it used, and there's no warranty- and are looking to repair the set, you would have two options. Either: A) Purchase and replace the Mainboard yourself- which is available at the link below for your TV: http://www.tvpartsguy.com/lg-37lc7d-ub-main-board-eax35607005-0/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkIurBRDwoZfi1bGCxocBEiQAmcs-epGXp954fRVkN2Kv1Cmu4L_HGx40A4NOiw0PB0IzZJ0aAvqd8P8HAQ Or- B) Have a shop repair the set which is typically a $225 repair on this set, and a shop can be located at the following link: www.tvrepairpros.com Unfortunately there isn't a pushbutton or software fix for this problem, and it requires the Mainboard be replaced. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?