Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have lost the option of TV, PC, HMD and being able to

Customer Question

Hi, I have lost the option of TV, PC, HMD and being able to watch a CD etc thru the source button and can only operate the TV via the HDD recorder. How do I get back to the original set up?
Thanks Marion
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What is the full model number off the back of the TV?
2) Using the ORIGINAL Samsung remote, and pressing "Source"- what do you see on your screen?
3) How long have you owed the set for and when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
the model number is ***** - model code LA32C550JIFXXY
I don't get any options just the HDD channel that is controlled by the remote recorder, I also notice the little red light on the bottom righthand side of the TV isn't on.
I bought it July 2010 and this has happened due to me inadvertently pressing the button when changing from the HDD channel to the TV channel
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
What remote controller are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the HDD recorder the tv will not acknowledge it's own remote
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The TV will always acknowledge it's own remote unless there is a hardware fault within the TV. Please unplug the TV from power, put fresh batteries in the Samsung's original remote control, plug the TV back in- turn it on, then press "SOURCE" on the Samsung (not the HDD recorder) remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turned off the tv @ the power point and used the tv remote to turn back on. I have a black screen with HDMI3 showing in the top left hand corner - when I press the source button I don't have any options. by pressing the remote for the tv recorder I get the HDD station
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, your original question said you lost your options to select "PC, HDMI, etc."
You get these options by using the Source button on the Samsung remote.
Each time you press source, it cycles form one source to the next.
So with one press you get HDMI 3. What do you get with each additional press of the Source button after HDMI 3?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing - I don't have any options
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Each time you press Source- exactly what shows on the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just have a black screen with the HDMI3 in the corner, if I use the remote for the recorder then I get the stations but don't have an option for TV, CD etc
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
That's because the HDD remote doesn't access the Samsung's source selections. The sources will only be available when the signal is detected- unless you're thinking there is a hardware failure with the TV- which is possible. Under normal operation, you use the source button on the TV to select your various Input selections. If this isn't working then either: A) The sources are not turned on. B) The TV has a hardware failure. Let me know what you find out and if you are looking to repair the set yourself- as this is a problem I am familiar with, but it requires component replacement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't believe it to be a hardware problem as i accidently pressed the pressed the button as changing to the TV channel after the HDM channel so may whilst I have been trying to get back the options I have turned the sources off
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, there's no buttons that will disable the TV's source button from working. The source button on the "SAMSUNG" remote supersedes all settings. Please elaborate on this: " i accidently pressed the pressed the button as changing to the TV channel after the HDM channel " I don't know what that means.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed the source button and the options came up on the screen as I was using the arrow key up I pressed the centre square and tit just happened to stop the process on the PC screen which I don't have setup and there it was just a black screen with a box on the screen saying "no signal"
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so right now, you're saying the TV is stuck in the PC mode, or HDMI 3 mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's on the HDMI3 mode
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142