Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to hook up a roku 3 to my big screen model ws65413 through

Customer Question

trying to hook up a roku 3 to my big screen model ws65413 through a hdmi to dvi adaptor great picture no sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. The HDMI to DVI adapter is only capable of delivering video since DVI (digital video interface) does not produce sound. Does your adapter have a separate set of RCA jacks for audio? Or, if you could, please postback with the make and model of the adapter.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need assistance with this? If the converter is a true HDMI to DVI with Audio, then there needs to be a separate audio connections on the converter to connect to the TV's audio port next to the DVI connection on the TV.