Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics
20508815

How do I connect my Panisonic HD tv to cable box, av tuner

Customer Question

How do I connect my Panisonic HD tv to cable box, av tuner receiver, dvd player, vhs player and 5 speakers
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got more questions than you acknowledge than you state on your response. Please read all questions and the note.1) Connected incoming cable feed to Motorola cable box.
2) Connected HDMI cable out from Motorola cable box to HDMI
(1) to TV model # ***** 50 PCP, TCP50ST50.
3) Connected HDMI cable out from model # *****
DVD player to HDMI (2) in to TV model # ***** 50 PDP,
TCP50ST50.
4) Connected right and left external speakers to input (A) and
center speaker to input (center) of model # ***** - AVR-
1802 Tuner/Receiver. I still need to connect 2 more speakers
to either (B) right and left or to Surround right and left and the
Sub Woofer to the connection just above (B) on the Denon.
5) Still need to connect Panisonic VHS, model # ***** - 4151.Please note: TV has its own internal speakers, but can't hear
conversations well. All external speakers are raw wired into the Denon on the bottom right hand side. Where do I go from here ?
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
You asked where do you go from here, I typed out my answer then you posted another reply before I could even send my reply, thus I had to delete my reply and read your 2nd reply. I see your connections and my suggestion is since the denon is older and does not have hdmi inputs to keep your hdmi's connected to the tv and use the tv to switch sources.
Now you need to connect an digital optical cable out from the tv digital optical output to the denon's opt-1 input and select that as the audio input for one of the sources on the denon, then you will get the audio when done correctly.
The other two speakers for a 5 channel setting use the surround rear connections and for the sub use the sub pre out.
For the vhs/vcr you simply use the tv's red,white,yellow composite inputs. (The "video in" connection).
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.