Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics
20508815

I have Cox Communications cable. When the vizio tv (model

Customer Question

I have Cox Communications cable. When the vizio tv (model e320fi-b2) is on, and using the cox remote, I press 'cable' button, then press the blue 'cox' button, a menu comes on screen. The last option on the menu is for "turning tv on or off with the set-top". I accidently turned it to "off" position and the vizio tv turned off immediately. At this time I can no longer turn the tv "on" with either the vizio remote nor the cox remote. Thanks in advance for you assistance, Cathy at(###) ###-####if it's easier to call me
Category: TV
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello Cathy,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
This is very strange, it should not prevent the tv from being turned back on, to try and fix this problem lets reset your cable box which will remove that setting. To do this you can simply unplug the cable box from the wall and wait about 5 secs or as long as you like and then plug back in, it will reset then load back up, at that point try turning the tv back on of which you can do while the cable box is not plugged in as well.
You can also try the tv power button directly on the tv, with the cable box unplugged and remote not in use that should work, if not then unplug the tv for 30 mins and plug it back in.
Hopefully the reset will fix the problem. If not there could be a more serious problem with the tv, this is pending you are getting power to the outlet the tv is plugged into.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried all (with the Cox's technician)that you suggested before writing to you, to no avail. But I will unplug pc and cable and tv from wall outlet and wait 30 mins. Hope it works, thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Cathy,
Turning off and or unplugging the computer is not needed and will have no effect on that problem.
If you plug another device into the exact same outlet same exact hole the tv power cord is plugged into by removing the tv power cord from the wall, does that device also not turn on or does it work just fine?
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, wondering if you're receiving my responses? This site is not so easy to manuveur. Hoping.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Cathy,
My last reply to you was on the 24th, I show no other replies from you after that time until today where you are possibly having a problem sending replies.
Can you confirm.
Thanks,
Joe