Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics
20508815

I installed a new Mohu Curve 50 inside antenna to my 47LG50

Customer Question

I installed a new Mohu Curve 50 inside antenna to my 47LG50 TV following instructions provided by the antenna provider and the connection instructions in the LG manual. When I ran the auto channel setup, I only get 10 channels, 4 of which are APT broadcasts and Christian programming. I do not receive any of the local network stations in Montgomery, AL. But all of these towers are well within the 50 mile radius supported by the antenna. What do I need to do to get the networks? I desperately want to dump cable service.
Thanks,
Melva
Category: TV
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

This does happen time to time with certain antenna's, in fact this model while has some good reviews it also has some bad which explain the same problem. You can view them here: http://www.amazon.com/Mohu-Curve-Designer-HDTV-Antenna/product-reviews/B00F3ZO6HU/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

As a test try holding the antenna and or placing it on something outside of a window/home and see if it is better then which could happen due to construction of home and interference.

Make sure the power is supplied to the unit so that it is amplified.

Note users reviews that state other antenna's provided more channels for them than what this model did, this has to do with many factors which change per user depending on their home, things in the home and location as well as some other things that can effect the signal.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will return the antenna & find one that works! I'm tired of the Cable TV ripoff.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Melva,

Sounds like a plan, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Joe