Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, electronics has been my highest study, 4 years of home electronics
20508815

Need Help connecting LG 55ub8200 to WI-FI

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified network professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
Do you know your home wifi network name and security key?
What is the brand/model of your wireless router?
Also need the name of your internet provider please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the wifi password ***** is a Linksys E1200 provider is COX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please don't tell me how to go through the setting menu and enter the SSID and password. Because it not connecting is the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any Info for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look, If you cant/wont help me can you open my question to others so I may get some help please.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Do you have any other wireless devices on the same network that are working fine?
If so if you connect an ethernet cable to this tv instead of wireless does it then connect?
You say when you enter the info it has a problem connecting, can you please provide me with the info and the error it provides? It should provide an error into why it cannot connect.
In the mean time there is something you can try which is resetting the router, in some cases other devices can work yet one not and resetting the router can potentially resolve the problem. To do so simply disconnect the power cable from the back of the router (not the wall outlet) and then plug back in same for the tv, let the router boot back up and go back through the setup selecting auto for the settings thus not entering things like dns or gateway if requested select auto.
That should hopefully resolve the issue but if not we can continue after the above info.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.