Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Pn60e550d1f Samsung has sound but no picture what can be the

Customer Question

pn60e550d1f Samsung has sound but no picture what can be the problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Typically no pic just a black screen sound OK with no visible light at all on the display is failure of the Y scan board and buffers are you looking to repair the set yourself?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if not to hard why not give it a try
Nothing is ever easy I am afraid you will need to be able to use a meter?take some voltages on the powerboard namely the Vs and Va scan voltages the we move on from there a step at a time another thing to consider is the cost of boards this could be in the $150_$200 and I am not sure if you want to put that much into a set of this age and spec?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a little bit less expensive than buying a brand new tv so I will give it a try.
OK get yourself a meter get the back of the set off locate the Vs and Va test points on the powerboard red lead to test point black lead to metal chassis meter set to about 300vdc let meknow what you get
Anthony