Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Looking Control Codes 27" Triple Play

Customer Question

Looking for Remote Control Codes for Panasonic 27" Triple Play TV so I can set it up for Cable One
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. The specific IR codeset for your particular panasonic tv model is 1947.Note that you may need to program in multiple functions (tv/dvd) separately. As a DVD code you can use 1462. It is possible, however, that no matter what code is used, your remote will not be able to control the devices you wish to use it with. Cable/satellite/AV Component manufacturers include basic functionality for common devices at the time the remote is made, but are not able to provide coverage for every make and model, and are not able to update for every new device that comes out, so there is no guarantee of compatibility. In short, if these specific codes do not work, then your cable remote is not capable of controlling this particular tv.Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes (including the one that came with your system.) Best regards,Nathan