Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 50LA6970 TV that has backlight but no picture. I

Customer Question

I have a 50LA6970 TV that has backlight but no picture. I replaced the power supply board and it turned on 1 x then when I shut off the TV and later turned it back on it would not come back on. Do I need to replace the Power supply board again or is it
something else that needs replacing?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Its hardly likely the powerboard was the issue as you had the backlight before you replaced it, so I am assuming now you are back to backlight lit and no picture is that correct please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right, the back lights come on but no picture. It flickered at first then came on but after I shut the tv off it would not come back on. I have sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe it is the Main board that is not sending impulses to the picture?
The t-con is the most likely suspect here, its usually mounted upper middle of the set and may be covered by a metal shield, there will be a lead that goes from the mainboard (one with all inputs on)to the t-con, a multistrand lead please whilst the set is running "wiggle" this lead do you see any change on the display (theirs hardly any voltage on that lead)
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have my set taken apart again. But I will try this when I do take it down. If it is the T con board, where can I get a replacement?
I will explain everything a step at a time so you must tell me about whay happens when you wiggle the LVDS lead first BEFORE moving on with it as things can change direction very easily with diagnostics with TV
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took off the back of the TV, and the cover on the T con board, what connections do I need before plugging in the power?
The lead that feeds the t-con board from the mainboard get the set working and just wiggle the lead?no connections just the lead, its a multistrand lead and observe what happens on the display
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The LG lights up in front but nothing else is happening. I checked and wiggled the leads around the T con board and nothing happened.
OK but you still have the back-light lit no pic at this point you will need to replace the t-con board
What you need to do is get the back off the set, now you will see a unmistakeable ribbon or multistrand label going from the mainboard (thats the one with all the AV input connectors on)to the t-con usually mounted upper middle of the set and may be covered by a metal shield, you need to carefully get this board out of the set (its about 5 inches by 2 half)and retrieve the partnumber found on the board itself with this partnumber go to www.shopjimmy.com first if they dont have it google the partnumber for suppliers.
Let me know if you need more help
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I already have the set back uncovered, I'll have to replace that one board, I hope you're right.
Yes it should be good with that replaced make sure its ordered by partnumber only
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ONE MORE QUESTION: How to I pull out the white connectors on the side. they seem to be difficult to remove. Do I pinch the sides or pull them out sideways?
You will need to take a photo and upload it usually you pinch the sides then pull out the plug it depends what plug and socket system they use
Anthony