Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Tim I have a SOny Bravia KDL 52ex700. The TV was working

Customer Question

Hi Tim I have a SOny Bravia KDL 52ex700. The TV was working fine up to yesterday. It just shut off, now when I try to turn it on it makes the PING noise then says SONY for a second then clicks and shuts off, then tries again. after that it flashes its red light 6 times, I googled this information and it says its a BAL board. I am an electronics technician I just want to be able to trouble shout it and confirm that this is the board and thats what it would do if it was bad. I cant find any schematics or specs toreferance for this tv. Are the power supplies part of this board or are they separate? Iam at work now I havent taken the back of tv off yet so I havent checked anything out yet
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I`ll start with that blink code.The manual troubleshooting chart list the BAL board as a low/doubtful probability but the inverter as the first suspect .I will give you the manual and follow its troubleshooting chart , if you are a tech. then you will find it very helpful and most likely all you will need but you can reach me here at any time if you need help .Here is that manual , click the link below;https://www.dropbox.com/s/oghhyl2im180gti/sony_52ex700_chassis_az1-l.pdf?dl=0 Happy troubleshooting and If that answers your question for now please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you and have a nice Memorial day weekend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack is that the USA version of the manual I had found something similiar to that manual but it has different information and doesnt even show an inverter for my set
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I noticed the series on the manual you sent me says AEP/UK
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
There would be no change in the power /inverter from the US or UK version .What changes in the main board version from pal to ntscYour power board is also your inverter if we may call it that way as this is LED backlit not CCFL .This is what I was talking about earlier , click the links below;https://www.dropbox.com/s/tps41d5xb6y09vi/2015-05-23_1401.png?dl=0And this one;https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8v1z4iz6kzl3md/2015-05-23_1400.png?dl=0I just hope for you that this does not mean the " panel" as mentioned in the second link.In which case it would be the built-in LED arrays.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so the inverter is the power supply that makes more sense to me my primary side has 110 going in what should come out on the secondary side should it be 12 volts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't download these files here at work we have Internet filtering setup so I have to wait till I get home to look at them
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Your tv has a power supply that will run anywhere from 110/120 volts in the usa to the uk at 240 volts.
It is the same tv except for the internal software and possibly minor changes on the main board , otherwise the blink code and troubleshooting procedures will remain the same.