Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a new samsung 60" smart TV. My power flickered during

Customer Question

I have a new samsung 60" smart TV. My power flickered during the night. I reset my cable tv box and I have video, but no sound. What can I do to get my sound back?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Are you just using the tv built in speakers? or external sound bar or surround sound or?
2. What kind of connection goes from the cable box to the tv? hdmi or?
3. How did you "reset/reboot" the cable box?
4. Have you any way to check for sound by connecting another device like bluray, dvd, game, etc?
REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).
ps: Please refresh this page often if you don't see my reply.