Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Ive got a sony kdl 46v3000 that i have replaced every board

Customer Question

Ive got a sony kdl 46v3000 that i have replaced every board some twice and it comes on and has the prettest picture but shuts right back off and the standby light flashes 13 times my voltages are all there
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you checked all the connectors/ cables that plugged on boards in TV to make sure all are tight and secure?
- Did you replace all the boards for the same problem, 13 times flashing power light?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I have just had tv for three weeks and i seen a a tv on ebay with broke screen so i bought it and at first i replaced the t conn board then replaced a diode and several caps in standby circuit and still shuts down it was playing when i picked up and it had lines but after replacing driver boards that was solved but now it shuts down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would one of the back lamp bulbs broke at the board cause this tv to be shutting down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer, please reply back if you still need assistance to continue.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support + Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid, Remote Tech Support option is only for Computers as there is no way to connect to TV from here through internet.
What were the original symptoms of TV problem that prompted you to replace board/ capacitors etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i first picked tv up it had lines hor lines and i replaced inverter boards rt and lt and it solved my problem but in the prosses i must of broke a ccfl lamp the tv would not stay on do you think that will fix tv by putting ccfl where the other one was broke or do you think that could have been my problem the lamp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the diode and caps in standby circuit thinking that would get tv to stop shutting down as far as standby light flashes 13 times with lamp out of tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, thanks for detailed info.
13 times flashing error code indicates problem with inverter (balancer) board issue and broken/ disconnected CCFL could also be a reason of this error code.
Screen will take apart to check/ replace CCFL and this kind of work may end up with broken screen so do this work at your own risk as service manual doesn't provide any help for it.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.