Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung Smart TV Model Code: UN46ES6100FXZA Type

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Smart TV
Model Code: UN46ES6100FXZA
Type No: UN46ES6100
Version: TS01
Is this a 2011 or 2012 model?
I'm trying to access a (new) subscription to MHz Choice which I'm told should now be available to stream on my Samsung Smart TV. I don't see it listed in the Samsung Apps...
Do I need to upgrade my Samsung (which I use regularly) with an "Evolution Kit" to access these newer apps?
Many thanks!
Madelle
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, MHZ choice shows "Coming Soon" on their web site for Samsung smart TV support, so there's no way of knowing when that will be, or IF the Evolution kit will support it- until it comes out.
In the meantime, if you'd like to start watching it immediately, a Roku device can be purchased for $50 and supports the MHZ App.
If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
It shows the supported devices on their list below- which was last updated May 3rd:
https://www.mhzchoice.com/preregister/prereg.php
Currently Samsung shows "coming soon" so would need to actually have a release to find out details. MHZ only, would know of this.
However immediate use can begin using Roku 1,2, 3 or the streaming stick. Starting at $50. More details on Roku product are at the link below:
https://www.roku.com/