Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a LCD 3273A. Son in laws installed. We have always had

Customer Question

I have a LCD 3273A. Son in laws installed. We have always had to use both the remote
that came with it to turn on and off and control sound. Use the dish remote for other.
When it is turned on it never gets sound right away. Have gone into the menu and played
around with it to get it going.
Now every thing is locked up. I get to turn on and off that is all. I feel that I should be able
to use the dish remote for all functions. Like our living room one.
Need some help to unlock the remote, and how to get the sound and etc on the dish
remote.
Thank You
Barb Grechar
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. Now..just so I understand, you use the Curtis remote for TV ON, TV OFF and VOLUME and you use the Dish remote for CHANNEL? Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel this account if you can not help me for free.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
We cannot help you for free. I am sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me and talk me thru. I am not sure what to do next. It may be that the TV is not hooked up probably to the
Dish HDTV. This TV Curtis replaced a 19". That was on the dish and we only used the dish remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Please understand that this is a justanswer.com, a paid support service. I am a tv and home theater expert, and would be happy to assist you by phone. However there is a fee for this service. Dish wouldn't help you because the issue is related to the tv, and curtis support is virtually nonexistent. I am sending you a phone support offer, at your request, should you wish to proceed.