Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How to hook up a Panasonic TH-50PX77U Panasonic DMP-BD65 to

Customer Question

How to hook up a Panasonic TH-50PX77U Panasonic DMP-BD65 to a Yamaha RX-V1070 home theater system???Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. To connect these devices together, you would do as follows: 1) The Blu Ray player will connect to HDMI 1 on the Yamaha. 2) The Yamaha will connect to the Panasonic TV with an HDMI cable from the Yamaha's "HDMI Out", to the Panasonic TV's HDMI 1 Input. 3) An Optical cable for audio will need to be run from the TV's "Digital Audio Out" jack to the "Opt 1" Input on the Yamaha. If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wait a minute Aric. There is no HDMI out put on the Yamaha...? Whats that going to do for me?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that. The model number you posted very closely resembles the a newer one. I have your receiver pulled up in front of me now.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Looking...
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
It's almost completed downloading. First step, the Blu Ray player will connect directly to the TV via HDMI- to either the HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 jack on the TV (simply select the correct Input using the Panasonic remote's "TV/Video" button.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, the TV uses the Digital Audio Out port to send the sound out to receivers- but the Yamaha does not have this port, so a converter is needed. The converter below will connect to the TV using an "Optical Cable", you will then go into the TV's MENU, and under "Audio" select "TV speaker" and shut them OFF. Here is the converter: http://www.parts-express.com/dac-digital-to-analog-audio-converter-optical---coaxial---usb--180-998 Then once the converter changes the optical signal over to RCA, you will simply run a set of RCA cables from the converter's red and white RCA jacks to the jacks on the Yamaha labeled "LD/TV". This will activate the correct source on the Yamaha, and it will then playback the audio from the TV. If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?