Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The remote of my Sony Bravia TV is not working. The solution

Customer Question

The remote of my Sony Bravia TV is not working. The solution in the handbook is first to change batteries -- which I have done, with no result. Then it says TV may be in SYNC mode, and suggests press SYNC MENU -- which I have done, again with no result (not surprising as remote is not working?)
So I am stuck. Does this indicate there there is a fault in the remote, or a fault in the TV, or just that I am ignorant (which may be so!)?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What's the model number of the TV please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KDL:46EX650
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Pulling up info on this set now. Can you also tell me how long you've owned the TV for?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I've found some info on this, and it's just a standard infra red remote. Do you have a cell phone camera or digital camera we can use to test the IR coming from the remote to see if the remote is the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 2-3 years.no
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then there's no way we can tell if the remote is the issue or not. I will opt out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does TV work normally through control buttons on side panel?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the TV works OK. But I do not need any more info. thanks, ***** ***** evidence that the remote was faulty and have purchased an universal one as replacement. So far so good. Thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, sounds good.