Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 47" Vizio TV that the remote will not work on it

Customer Question

I have a 47" Vizio TV that the remote will not work on it anymore (also my direct tv remote will not work either) the TV works fine otherwise
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Sorry you're having trouble here, please check the remote is working (original)by pointing it at a cellphone or digital camera, press buttons on the remote whilst observing the front of the remote (where the signal comes out)you should see glow looking at the remote eye through the viewfinder
Let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is not any glow in the Vizio remote, but the direct tv works for everything but the volume
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Vizio remote was working yesterday but now does nothing. The direct tv remote also was working yesterday for everything, but now no volume
OK before going any further on what you just said please reboot the box and the TV by unplugging both from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging both back in again ,let everything boot back up and let me know if there is any change thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugged everything and let it sit for like 15 minutes it is still not working
You see the tv remote is not working and it looks like you have lost the code to the cable remote do you have the cable remote code book?
Anthony