Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Bravia mdl# ***** 40HX701 all connections good, no power to

Customer Question

Bravia mdl# ***** 40HX701 all connections good, no power to set, self diagnostic standby indicator flashing 7 times between breaks. Manual instructs to inform service center of this count.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). The specific 7 blink error you see points to a bad BAL board and a temp error.This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2010 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. It would also be a good idea to blow out the inside with compressed air and vacuum out the vent holes on back thoroughly to ensure the tv is not overheating.If this reset and cleaning process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will typically make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the same $300 price range. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.Best regards,Nathan