Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Blue Ray Disc Player unit is "artifacting" and I cannot

Customer Question

My Blue Ray Disc Player unit is "artifacting" and I cannot view DVD discs....The model number is
BBP1600 Can you advise as to repair , or do I need replacement. ?
C. *****@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Does this happen on both regular dvd and bluray discs?
Are you able to see the samsung on screen setup menu normally?
Are any of the internal apps (netflix, etc) working on it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I normally use DVD discs on my Blue Ray unit....I don't know the difference between regular and blue ray discs
The Samsung logo and preliminary info is clear and distinct....but when the main feature is on; it starts the artifacting
I tried the Netflix disc, and a purchased disc for King and I ,,,,finding the same result....artifacting.Sorry about the delay...I had some urgent personal business....to be continued on Tuesday, 5/19 at about 11 AM Eastern time......Please understand, that you are dealing with a dinosaur....so use lay terms and simple advice.Thanks.......Cliff Gold
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
If you look at the dvd packaging, it will be marked as just "dvd" (regular" or as "bluray"
THere is a difference between the two, but if you are getting netflix discs they are probably regular bluray. It would help to know for sure though, and to test both types, if at all possible.
Can you test the netflix app? What I mean by that is that the player can be connected to your home internet connection, to use apps such as youtube, netflix, etc.