Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Sony KDS-R70XBR2 with red power LED blinking 6 times

Customer Question

I have a Sony KDS-R70XBR2 with red power LED blinking 6 times with a couple of seconds pause in between. What could be the root cause?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Usually 6 red blinks is failure of the thermal fuse that detects overheating of the lamp so this fuse will need to be checked (its not a normal fuse but a thermal strip)and the cooling of the lamp and the lamp itself investigated, if you are practical can use small tools and a meter I may be able to help you with this?
If not you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
Let me know if you can do the work or need extra advice.
I am sorry its nothing easier
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar of stars or smileys with this post thanks again
Regards
Anthony