Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

When Ihit the power button on the aquos remote the red SHARP

Customer Question

When Ihit the power button on the aquos remote the red SHARP does not show and the unit does not come on.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After a few minutes I see agreen flash at the bottom set followed by 3 quick flashes in a row this 1-1-3 pattern continues to repeat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1-3 pattern not 1-1-3 pattern.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.Can you tell me the full model number of the tv please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LC-70EQ1OU
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we still conected Nathan?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I'm here, sorry. Didn't see you reply come through until now.Is it just the power light, or is the power light flashing once and the OPC 3 times?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the OPC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flashing light is a bit to the right under the name SHARP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is just one light that flashes.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for clarifying. So it flashes once, pauses, flashes 3 times, then repeats that cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Actually I should have phrased it as 1 slow flash then 3 fast. Are you positive it is just 1 slow one at first? Can you please unplug power to the tv for 5 minutes, plug back in, and watch the light again carefully. If nothing happens, press power button just once and report back if you still have 1/3 (I ask because 1/3 is not a valid trouble code for this model). Perhaps you're seeing 3 slow, then 1 fast?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I plug it back in the light dimmly comes on and doesn' start to flash until a little after I press the power button. The flashing is definitly 1 quick flash followed by 3 slightly longer brighter flashes.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming,.Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). Based on the pattern you're seeing, a bad main board is by far the most likely issue here. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point). If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. As this is a 2014 model, it is hopefully still under warranty for you., meaning you should be able to get sharp to cover the repair costs. You can reach them to file a claim at 800.be.sharp Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried to reset twice and failed each time. Will be contacting SHARP. Thank you for you excellent help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, and best of luck to you for a speedy repair. For a tv this size they will come out and repair it on site, so you don't have to worry about transporting or moving it. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”, even if the news was not. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan