Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.
11519491

Can't seem to problem solve-have Toshiba TV and DVD-insert

Customer Question

Can't seem to problem solve-have Toshiba TV and DVD-insert disc-get sound no picture-have tried combinations reading the guides but outcomes the same-thank-you for helping
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 1 year ago.
Hi good afternoon,
Did this problem begin when you hooked it all up?
Or was this already hooked up?
Also how old is your DVD player?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes always had the problem and DVD player is probably 4 years old
Hi this is usually a bad read laser head but it may simply be contaminated with dust or other particles. They stick to the glass lens and prevent audio or video from working correctly. The very first things to do is let me know if its hooked up correctly.
Check to be sure that the Audio and video OUTPUT cables are coming from the DVD player and going to an INPUT port on the TV. If you are using HDMI that should eliminate the possibility of mis guided wires especially since you do have video.
But if that still gives no audio(sound) then there is a problem with the DVD player. The thing to do here is use a good quality DVD head cleaner disk, the "WET" type. Run that a few times for a good cleaning then try a new DVD and let me know if that corrects the issue.
These are available and Walmart and Best Buy as well;-)
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you
Tech Michael