Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

LG LED picture goes off and on, sound stays on model

Customer Question

LG LED picture goes off and on, sound stays on model 50LA6970. I called the LG company and they believe it is the power board, but the number they gave me to repair is an assembly EBT62621003, I can't find that number on any part inside the TV. The power
board number I found was EAX64908101. I don't see the T con board number anywhere, would that also be a problem? This model is similar to the 50LA6900.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Can you please tell me if the screen is staying "backlit" when the picture goes out (in other words a soft glow)?
If not, then can you please shine a flashlight at a 45 degree angle to the screen and let me know if there's a dim, shadowy image of the picture behind the screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flash light shows the picture behind it. It flickers off and on, from black screen for a few seconds then goes back to normal.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If the flashlight shows the image behind it- then it's definitely not your T-Con board, but the backlight supply which is part of the power supply board. The power supply board is the one that directly connects to the AC jack on the back of the TV. If you follow this connection that is the board you will need to replace. Pull the part number off of the board in your set to locate a replacement since LG and other manufacturer make revisions on these sets and can use a different power board even within the same model. To obtain the correct replacement, simply use that number off of your board and search used/pulled parts suppliers such as www.shopjimmy.com and www.tvpartsguy.com. Shop Jimmy shows that part number you posted, but it's currently out of stock. You can have them e-mail notify you when the board becomes available and you can then purchase it from them: http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-eay62851201-power-supply-unit.htmIf you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, great, thank you for your help. At least I have it pinned down to the right board.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.