Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The sound on my tv is different on the different stations.

Customer Question

The sound on my tv is different on the different stations. It is very loud on some and I can not hear it on others at the same setting.i have a 42LG30.
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
How is it exactly that you receive cable on the TV- is it through a box, or direct cable from the wall to the TV?
Also, how long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We receive the cable thru a box. We have had the TV about 6 years. The problem stated yesterday.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. The cable company has no way of testing the box- only their signal to the box (which is always good so long as you're getting picture). So, they will always say the fault is that of the TV- which it may or may not be.Now, did they instruct you to go through and perform a reboot of the cable box by disconnecting it from power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes and nothing changed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, please unplug the TV from power and then unplug the cable box. Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Plug the cable box back in first, and then the TV. Once all has rebooted, turn everything on and let me know if anything has changed. If not, then we can proceed differently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not do that at this time and my husband is not home.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Well there's not much we can do if you're unable to perform these steps- it's the most basic reboot of the TV. You can reply back at anytime if you'd like more help later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did try the correction you gave us. I did not work.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
- Have you tried to turn on "auto volume leveler" option in sound menu?
Press Menu on TV remote then go to Audio menu and select Auto Volume option, set it On ans check if it helps to achieve steady volume level on different channels?
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it still does not work. Lower channels are on 50 and when I go to 775 it is way too loud.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, let me opt out to open the question to others and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.
Please do not rate my answer and leave it as it is.
Thanks.