Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sharp Aquos 46 inch the power green blinking green OPC blinking

Customer Question

Sharp Aquos 46 inch the power green blinking green OPC blinking green TV won't turn on
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OPC light blinking green power blinking green
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Actually the procedure is VOLUME + and CHANNEL DOWN while you plug it in if you want to force it on but unfortunately that does not fix the problems , it just MAY give you an idea .
Can you give me the blink count for the power and OPC light ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power blinks 10 PC blings ones and then power plants one more time over and over and over
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power and OPC link same time then power blinks one more time right after that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but beside the fact that the manual does not give me the code chart for this model , something came up and I will have to opt out.
You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other experts to see and jump in.
Just stand by and someone should be with you soon .
PS , do no reply to this or your question will be sent back to me instead of reposted .
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different Expert- Jack had to run to another job a little while ago. So, you're saying that right now you have Power and OPC 1 blink together, and then one more blink of power correct? Now, when you performed the Vol+Ch Down procedure, did your TV come on with a backlit screen? Additionally, are you looking to perform a DIY repair (this is a hardware failure in the TV), or are you looking for a diagnosis and repair estimate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first question yes second question no third question yes
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The third question was two options- which are you saying "Yes" to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I can do a DIY
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay. The blink code you posted indicates "UR15 volt failure" and is caused by either the Power Supply or the Mainboard. To determine which, you need to use your multi-meter to test the 12 pin connector on the power board's "UR15" pins and see if you've got 15 volts present there. This is with the black meter probe grounded, meter set to DC volts and the red probe going to the UR15V pin. If this voltage is missing then you need to replace your power board (available at the following link): http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-rdenca235wjqz-power-supply-unit.htm However if this voltage is present- then your mainboard is not sending the turn on command to the set and needs to be replaced. The mainboard is available at the following link (both boards are showing as out of stock): http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-duntke558fm01s-main-board.htm If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You can also pull the part numbers off those boards and Google as well as use in an Ebay search. If you don't have a meter then let me know if those lights start blinking as soon as the TV is plugged in, or only after the power button has been pressed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as soon as I plug it in the lights come onI don't have a multimeter but I can get one in about 10 minutes
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
As soon as you plug it in the lights come on- or they blink?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blink
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, in most cases this is the Mainboard- since the power button hasn't been pressed yet to tell the power board to turn on. If you can get a meter in 10 minutes, follow those steps above as it tells you how to narrow down to the board causing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alright I'm on my way to get the multimeter thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.