Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I owner Panasonic et-lae4000 projector ..... We had bad storm

Customer Question

I owner Panasonic et-lae4000 projector ..... We had bad storm last night and the system won't come on. Dose the projector have a fuse? Or is the projector burned out?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc), which would be consistent with the storm you experienced.
While there is no internal quick change fuse that you can access (the lamp and air filter are really the only user serviceable items) there is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation
1) Unplug the power cord from the panasonic
2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)
3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.
If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.
This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).
If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.
Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.
Best regards,