Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My aquos flashes power and opc lights and then power light

Customer Question

My aquos flashes power and opc lights and then power light no matter how many times I unplug and replug the tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) Please count the number of blinks of the power light, per blinks of the OPC light and let me know what you get (for example: 2 blinks OPC, 1 blink power, etc.).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1) We bought it in January of 2008, the problem just happened today while TV being ON.

2) Power blinks by itself and then power and OPC blink together. This sequence repeats continuously. Two blinks of power per on blink of OPC.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. This error code indicates "13V/UR10V Failure"- which is a hardware issue in either the power supply or Mainboard. One of these boards will need to be replaced in order to fix the TV. However to determine which one, a tech needs to measure voltages using a multi-meter inside the set. Are you a DIY type and looking to repair the TV yourself?
If so, reply back and we can continue.
If this is not something that you're comfortable with, a shop will typically charge $250-$300 parts and labor for this repair- which is not cost effective, since the TV can be replaced for almost the same money.
I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.