Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a samsung un46c7000wfxza i have sound but no back light

Customer Question

i have a samsung un46c7000wfxza i have sound but no back light i have all my 12 18 and 5 volts and on the plug that goes in to the screen i have 300. volts an all pins can you tell if that is the right volts
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Need to check volts on set of +/- pins of CNL801 connector that goes into the screen, check volts on set of pin-1 (LED-B+) and pin-6 (LED-B-) and pin-3 & pin-8.
If get same volts reading then it would be main board problem because main board controls the backlight system and would not be sending out proper command for backlight system, at this point the main board should be swapped which would help to resolve the problem.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.