Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have Vertical Lines on the right side of my Toshiba Model

Customer Question

I have Vertical Lines on the right side of my Toshiba Model #52RV530U ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control are the lines OVER the menu display please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
OK if you have no lines going over the set own menu then that means its a signal issue, are you using a satellite or cable box?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable & the lines are covering half the TV.
OK well if they dont go over the sets own menu it means its on the signal side so its very likely to be a problem with the box, to prove that do you have a DVD or bluray player to try?
Try that or even an old VCR or a game anything other than the box and let me know what the pic is like then
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not the cable Box , is it the Video Board ?
I need to make those deductions myself please so have you tried a DVD or similar? please
Let me know thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes lines are there
Can you post a pic here of the issue ?you can use the paperclip on your toolbar?
If you post a pic post one with a picture on screen and one with the sets own menu up please...
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No , the screen is half a pic on all stations & colored vertical lines on the right half
I understand you but your saying the lines are not OVER the sets own menu are you absolutely sure about that?what I mean is are the lines COVERING the menu or is the menu good and the lines are BEHIND it?this is a very important check.
If its as you say then you have a signal problem if it is not then its something else now because you tried the DVD and its the same then yes it may be a mainboard problem assuming you are right about the menu, because 95% of the time this issue covers the SETS OWN menu too
Let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the lines are over the menu.
OK that makes sense
Its either a bad t-con board or a bad LCD panel (screen) the catch 22 with this is the t-con cannot be checked it can only be replaced to eliminate it (cost of t-con about $100)if you are lucky then the fault will clear if not then it firther proves panel failure and its NOT an option to replace the LCD panel due to costs.
Let me know if you wish to try the t-con (its not even checkable at workshop level either)
Sorry its nothing easier
Let me know
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard
My name is ***** ***** your welcome
Let me know if I can do anything else
Please remember to rate the answer positively their will be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post thanks again
Regards
Anthony