Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a sony hd tv model #kdp57xbr2 Turn on tv works fine

Customer Question

I have a sony hd tv model #kdp57xbr2 Turn on tv works fine for 1 minute screen turns green and it shuts off tried to unplug turn back on same thing happens 4times
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to be charged just to tell me tv is shot.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.
I'll be happy to advise on this, but it will take some back and forth communication for me to get more detail. I cannot guarantee a fix, only that I can diagnose the problem and tell you what it would take to fix and how much that would cost. It is up to you to decide if that would be practical or reasonable, though I'll give you my professional opinion either way.
This is a paid support site, and we are all independent techs here. You are paying for my time and expertise, regardless of the outcome. There is a good chance it can't be fixed reasonably. Taking it in to a local repair shop you'd be paying $100+ for diagnostic fees, with the same outcome.
If you are willing to proceed, I'll respond in good faith that you'll compensate my for my time. If you are unwilling to pay for a "bad news" outcome, I can opt out and you can wait for another expert to reply (unlikely) or contact customer service to request a refund of your deposit.
Let me know if you'd like to get started.