Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

When turning on the TV there is a delay of 22 to 23 seconds

Customer Question

when turning on the TV there is a delay of 22 to 23 seconds before receiving a picture. This occurs always, even if turned off and immediately turned back on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Does the sound come in right away /normal ?
Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?
Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sound comes on with picture-22 23 seconds after turning on. Problem has remained the same for weeks as far as I can tell.
the model no. is KDL 40Bx450
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
OK and during that 22 secs , is the light blinking at the front before it comes on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then this may help the next tech. coming up to help you.
Sorry , I had plenty of time this morning when I first replied but not this afternoon so I will opt out and repost your question .
You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
1- Does TV own menu screen come up instantly if push menu/home button on TV or its remote when turn On the TV or it also takes 22-23 seconds?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not tried any menu modes. The TV acts normal except that it acts like the old tubed TVs that had to have warm-up time. I have turned it off and immediately on and it still takes the 22-23 seconds to get a picture and sound. All else works perfectly. This problem only occurs on this TV.. Only the cable box Directv is connected.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand, can you try it now, if possible, to turn On the TV and push menu/home button to see if TV menu option screen come up instantly while no picture on screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Nothing
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Rebooted it once by disconnecting only the power cord for the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happened!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
- Have you tried to unplug "TV and cable box power cords" from wall outlet for "10 minutes" to reset, replug back in and check?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it, Rashid. No c hange!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I mean Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, there are two possible things, either TV firmware (internal software) is causing the problem or main board where video processor chip is mounted is failing and need to replace main board of TV.
Lets try to update TV firmware first which is easy and might help to resolve the problem, please go to following Sony link and download the firmware file, copy it on USB memory stick as per Sony instructions and follow the steps mentioned on that page for successful firmware update..
https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=KDL40BX450&upd_id=7547&os_group_id=18
If firmware upgrade doesn't fix the problem then swapping the main board in TV will help to resolve the problem, please check with following supplier to get replacement main board or search/google it for better price and stock info to order it...
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=KDL-40Bx450
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.