Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Just replaced the lamp and 5minutes everything is

Customer Question

Just replaced the lamp and for about 5minutes everything is fine then a static sound very faint and the picture loses color and shimmers a little.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. The picture losing color and shimmering a little is not due to anything being sprayed on the screen or the lamp.
This is caused by either the Formatter board failing, or the Color wheel failing.
Is the static sound a mechanical fan-type sound, or does it sound like more of an electrical sound?
Also are you looking to repair the set yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sound is more like an electrical sound. My son replaced the lamp and this is the results. Did not have this problem until he replaced the lamp, We are trying to fix the tv ourselves, because I never had a problem until the lamp failed. So replacing the lamp is all we thought was needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would like to request Aric.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The two things i mentioned above are what are causing this problem, it's not related to the lamp, but replacing the lamp may have simply been the catalyst. What were the exact symptoms with the old lamp? It's quite possible the old lamp failing may have caused the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aric, what is a formatter board and do I need a technician to install it if I need it? When you answer my question it's like you think I have tv repair knowledge...well I don't I'm at Layman in this field. What is a color wheel?