Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How to remove back of scenium HD61THW263 to access projector

Customer Question

how to remove back of scenium HD61THW263 to access projector bulb compartment?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
You should not have to remove the entire back cover. There is a separate lamp compartment. Remove the front panel of the tv. Then at the lower right you'll see the lamp cover. It will have a single screw on it and 2 plastic tabs to press in to pop that lamp door/cover off. From there the entire lamp housing will slide out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
question answered...thanks...you,re great
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome. This model was an odd one, all the other rca dlp tvs had the lamp access at the back, yours was hidden in front. If you haven't purchased a lamp already I'll be happy to help find one. Note that you should only buy the genuine OEM philips or osram lamps which will be in the $150 range. Don't be tempted to buy the cheap $30-50 lamps, they just don't last (often only weeks/months) and can actually damage the tv. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lamp works fine. Now TV is cycling on and off re-booting or something. It turns on, then freezes, then off, and 5 flashes, then 11 flashes, then completely off then starts all over again.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You may not have lamp installed securely. Remove and reseat it being sure the lamp cover is completely and tightly secured. Unplug power for a minute then try to start up again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Tried the above. Also replaced lamp again with good lamp Philips lamp (we have 2 good lamps now, and both work). Everything tight. Still cycling as above. TV still coming on and off. We get full picture and sound, TV just keeps cycling on and off.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying. Unfortunately, this would indicate an internal hardware problem beyond the lamp.
I'm happy to advise further on that, but because of the site works, I'd need to ask you to rate this current question, which was regarding the process of replacing the lamp. The power cycling issue is considerably outside the scope of the initial question, so because of the site policies, you'd be asked to post that as a new/separate question.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/
Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,