Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a solid red light on my LG Plasma 50PK, I think I had

Customer Question

i have a solid red light on my LG Plasma 50PK, I think I had a power surge recently or lightning, not sure. How do I check or troubleshoot?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What's the full mode number off the back of the TV?
2) How long have you owned it for?
3) Were any other devices taken out (cable/SAT box, etc.)?
4) By "troubleshoot" do you mean you're a DIY type and looking to repair yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
50PK550, owned it for 4 years, yes other devices were taken out as well. I'd like to DIY but don't have much time to spend on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
50PK550-LG is the total model number
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know what you mean by don't have much time. The issue is either the Power Board or Mainboard (Mainboard is most common and likely). So, you can either opt to replace the Mainboard, or open the set and perform some tests using a meter to narrow it down further. The time it takes to do that is up to you- and if you've got the tools. So, if you're simply looking for the most likely cause- then replace the Mainboard. This is the board all other components plug into, and it usually gets hit with a surge when other devices were taken out. The Mainboard is at the link below, but currently showing out of stock: http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebt60953902-main-board-for-50pk550-ud.htm Part number is ***** EBT60953902 (EAX61358603(1)) and you can search Ebay or also Google that number to find the replacement. If you're not comfortable with this repair then a shop will charge close to $300 parts and labor and can be located at the following link: www.tvrepairpros.com If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?