Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

How can I turn of "standby" function on my Sharp Aquos LC-

Customer Question

How can I turn of "standby" function on my Sharp Aquos LC-43LE653U?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
How do you mean the "standby function " , what is the tv doing now ?
I mean that the standby is not a function but the state the tv is in when the tv `s power cord is plugged in and awaits the power on command , it is in "standby"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I turn it off, it comes back on automatically after a couple of hours, and a standby message floats across the screen
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then we may be talking about the timer but a few questions on that .
Does it always come on at the same time of the day or it will be at any time after a couple of hours off ?
While it says standby , if you turn on whatever is connected to it , does it show a picture and run normally ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it turned on to watch the news right now, but when I turn it off at 12:30-after the news goes off in a couple of hours I will see the "standby banner" going across the screen. If I turn it on during the standby mode, yes it shows a picture and run normally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a couple of hours off
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
OK then this is a very recent model that has what is called "wallpaper" mode.
This will run even if the tv is turned off .
Right now I`m still looking for the full manual but can you see anything in the menu about the "wallpaper" mode ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, i disabled the wallpaper mode
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
OK then anything about the "demo" or "store" mode ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did see both of those, I had explored them then disabled both of them
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then I`m sorry but I`m not getting this one , I could not tell you for sure if there is a problem with the tv and return it but this does not look normal or programming to me so I will opt out.
Perhaps someone here has seen this .
You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack, thanks for your help, but this is a brand new TV and I will be calling Sharp and if they cannot solve the problem, then I will be returning it back to the store for a refund. I just got it on Thursday, and set it up on Friday in the bedroom. It is quite annoying to wake up in the middle of the night and see that banner running across the screen
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different expert here. Can you please tell me how long you have owned the TV for?
Also what remote do you normally use to turn the TV off with? The cable remote or the original TV remote?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
OK then and yes if there is someone who should know about this it would be sharp at 1-800-BESHARP.Good luck