Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I think I have all the wires connected, and the picture is

Customer Question

I think I have all the wires connected, and the picture is just perfect, but I don't have any sound, I am frustrated, can you please see if you can help me figure out what is wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. Can you tell me the make and model of the TV and anything that you have connected to it please? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was blessed with it on yesterday, when I got home, I plugged it up and very good picture but no sound.. It is a 56 inch Samsung.. That's all I know..
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, are you using a cable box? Does the sound normally come from the TV itself, or from external speakers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am using a cable box.and the sound comes from the tv.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, go ahead and pull the cable box power plug from the wall outlet. Wait 30 seconds, plug it back in. Wait a few minutes for the cable box to initialize and then give it a try. Let me know if the sound comes back. Steve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It still does not have a sound .
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Grab the Samsung remote and press MENU and go to the Audio Menu and check that the setting for 'TV Speakers' is set to 'On'. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still didn't work... Thanks...
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
What kind of cable(s) run between the box and TV?
The usual choices are:
Three RCA cables - red, white and yellow
Five RCA cables - two reds, green, blue and white
HDMI cable - single cable with a computer connector that looks a bit like a USB connector
Coax - ordinary TV cable.
Let me know.