Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My 7year old 42inch just stopped working.. can't get the power

Customer Question

my 7year old 42inch just stopped working.. can't get the power to come back on.. checked the power cord seems to be ok..
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, is the TV completely / electrically dead ? Have you tried another outlet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I have tried other outlets...seem to be electrically dead....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a reset button somewhere on the tv....
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Please re-confirm; there is no standby indicator LED light, no clicking sound, side panel's power switch has been tried and power cord re-inserted correctly to the TV rear's AC IN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all of the above has been tried..no light of any kind is on , power switch on side does nothing....
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Then it would be an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, you may need access to and familiarity with the use of a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I will not try to fix it myself....is there a dealer that can fix it, in the Lima Ohio area.....
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Consider a Philips authorized Service Center:product familiarity;better chances with replacement parts inventory;test/repair jigs;standardized service fees.Please click HERE. Alternatively, consider an independent repair shop HERE and HERE.