Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Samsung TV model HL61A750A1FXZA. A few days ago

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV model HL61A750A1FXZA.
A few days ago it started showing a darkened vertical strip about an inch wide at the left of the screen.
Any ideas?
Q
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you understand this problem ;This is caused by the TV's "light tunnel" which is part of the light engine and frankly I`m surprised it did not happen before this as this was a common problem for this serie of Samsung .So common in fact that up to 2010 or 2011 Samsung would repair those free of charge .No longer I`m afraid and this means that the light engine will have to be replaced .That engine cost around some $400 to buy and you can add another 250 to $300 to have it replaced and re-aligned .If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $600 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 60" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $800 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.Still , if you go for the repair shop option then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comOr this one;http://www.tvrepairman.comThis will give you a list of repair shops in your area.You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today ,like some sort of reset but this is not the case i`m afraid .Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.