Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

LTF520HE01 blinks 5 times but won't power up. No sound

Customer Question

LTF520HE01
blinks 5 times but won't power up.
No sound and no picture. Changed the
power supply but still the same problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Could you please re-check that model number best done by looking at the back of the set please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry the # ***** *****
So when you replaced the powerboard you was left with exactly the same issue as BEFORE you replaced the powerboard is that correct please?
Thanks for the model proper
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I order one but when I installed it I had the same problem. I returned the power board and put the
old one back in.
Before the set shut down like this did you have any starting problems with the set?perhaps slow to come on?clicking?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure. It does some clicking now
OK what can happen is the firmware can go bad this is associated with the mainboard (one with all the AV connectors on)and you can get exactly the same symptoms when capacitors go bad on the powerboard, the powerboard can also damage the mainboard so what you need to do is first examine all the capacitors on the powerboard look for any leaking or ballooning of the capacitors or raised domed tops if they are OK you will need to replace the mainboard, so please get the partnumber found on the mainboard itself, it will be etched on the board (beginning with BN)and try shopjimmy.com for the board with the partnumber only, if you find any bad capacitors let me know
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you their will be a rating bar with this post
Anthony