Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung dlp t. Is flashing lamp and temp. Also buzzing noise.

Customer Question

My Samsung dlp t. Is flashing lamp and temp. Also buzzing noise. I replaced the lamp. Still doing the same thing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Did you put lamp cover back on TV after lamp installation?
Lamp and temp lights flashing error code indicates that lamp cover sensor switch isn't closed.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It wasn't but is now. Still doing same. Exempt now it is flashing timer also and still making the buzzing noise.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nikki for the info, now we have different error code in TV which indicates lamp issue.
- Was the old lamp broken/ dead in TV?
- Where did you get replacement lamp from and what was the cost?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I bought it on eBay. The box says FI Lamps.

I paid about $35

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, and this is the cause of current problem and buzzing noise in TV.There are lots of fake/ counterfeit lamps available at ebay, amazon etc on low price and they don't work in TV, we see it here on daily basis.Please return the lamp to ebay supplier and ask for good quality lamp and I would recommend to buy replacement lamp directly from Samsung Parts where it is available for $119, please check following link for details... http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BP96-01472A-PHI.aspx?model=HLS5687WX/XAA I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But, it was making the buzzing noise before I replaced it with the cheap one. Are you sure I don't have a different problem?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is new info about buzzing noise.
- So you replace the lamp just for buzzing noise in TV?
- I also asked in previous reply, - Was the old lamp broken/ dead in TV?
These info will help to troubleshoot more.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. It was flashing the error lights and making buzzing noise and had no picture.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, the TV needs a good lamp at this point to see if it resolve the problem as it should because you had same error code and buzzing sound with old lamp which was I hope dead/ broken and cause of symptoms.
If the lamp has not been replaced in last 2-3 years in TV then it is time to replace it and hopefully it will resolve the problem, with the cheap lamp we can't move forward in troubleshooting (just in case there is any other isseu in TV such as ballast supply board or color wheel or cooling fan etc that can produce buzzing noise).
Please go ahead and get good quality lamp/ Samsung original replacement lamp and put it in TV and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.