Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My plasma Samsung fades from regular to light. Almost like

Customer Question

my plasma Samsung fades from regular to light. Almost like fog.Every thing works but it flickers and sometimes constant foggy. It was off for 15 days and then it came back to normal. Now it is doing it again. I thought it may be a power issue as several things were plugged in. I unplugged everything and still doing it. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the complete model number off of your Samsung TV?
- How old it is and how long it have had the problem?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ln-46a550p3f. 5 years old Problem off and on for 5 months
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.Please check following link to view a sample picture, is the similar image appear on your TV? http://i.imgur.com/JOehBSS.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, LN46A550P3F is LCD TV and symptoms are failing LCD panel (the screen) unfortunately.
Replacement of screen is required to resolve the problem but it would cost more than new TV price of same size so at this point you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this one's repair.
I wish I had better news about TV and I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.