Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv is telling me to run auto channel search which I have

Customer Question

my tv is telling me to run auto channel search which I have done 6 times and the TV picture is not coming on. what do I have to do to fix this problem^
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. In most cases a channel scan is not what you need to do.
Please tell me how you receive your broadcasts on the set- is it through a cable box?
Also, how long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
first I do not want the second level membership plan I need to fix this.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I am not privy to membership plans, I am a tech. If you want help, then please reply back to what is asked above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Telus is my provider and I have PVR box I got the TV at Christmas
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, the TV has inadvertently been changed to the wrong Input. When you use a PVR you don't run a channel scan as the channels are being processed within the box. Please reboot the PVR by disconnecting it from power- then making sure the lead to the TV (be it HDMI or otherwise) is connected tight and secure on BOTH ends. Plug the PVR back into power, and once it reboots grab the original TV remote and find the button labeled "Input", "Video" or "Source" (it will be one of these three), then press it and select each Input until you see your cable signal on the screen. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not change anything
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I am telling you how to fix this so please try those steps so you can get your signal back as you asked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It did not work
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please elaborate. Are you able to change your TVs Input- yes or no?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Again, I need more details. Let's try another way. 1) Do you have the original Insignia remote? 2) Do you see a button labeled "Input", "Source" or "Video"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to cancel my Membership now.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I have nothing to do with that. You want to contact customer service from the home page. Have a good night.