Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have sound on the tv but no picture ? Next To the red power

Customer Question

I have sound on the tv but no picture ? Next
To the red power light
There is a green timer rec on that I have not see befor
Is the tv worth fixing or you think it is the tub ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Are we talking about an older rear projection tv late 90`s early 2K ?
If so , did you notice a problem prior to this where the picture or part of the picture appeared somewhat like in 3D ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Color when and out a little
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes older tv
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then there could be a few reasons for this but one thing that those tv were known for was a convergence circuit failure and it looked like what you have now.This problem I repairable but at the tune of approx. $300 done at home and to answer your question " Is the tv worth fixing or you think it is the tub ? " , lets just say that if you had your eyes on a new model then this would be a good time and also , I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one considering the fact that you can get a new 50" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $600 .Still , if you wish to look into repairing this then use the links below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comOr this one;http://www.tvrepairman.comThis will give you a list of repair shops in your area.You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.Hope this help and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.