Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman
Experience:  3 years experience
15852642

How do you hook up cable on a akai CFTD2785AX/SMS

Customer Question

how do you hook up cable on a akai CFTD2785AX/SMS
Category: TV
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I can't seem to find your model, can you send me a picture of the back of it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone dnt take photos but its a old model u kan google it
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
.
I tried that but can not find the back of it, only general diagrams and the remote. Can you tell me what ports you have on the back?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I FIXED IT I JUS NEED TO CHANGE THE INPUT ON IT NOW ITS SAYIN AV &UNAVALIBLE
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok do you have the original remote?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO A SONY uNIVERSAL REMOTE N A COX CABLE REMOTE
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
.
Does the universal remote work with the TV? Does it have an AV or source or input button?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a input button
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
.
Does it work with this TV? If it does use that input button and it should let you cycle through all the connections on the back. Stop when it gets to the cable one. The cable input may be labeled as antenna on this model. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im tryna program da universal remote now its sony....idk about this kind of stuff
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
.
Oh ok I thought it was already working since this is an older model it may not be compatible with the universal remote. If it is not you can get an original replacement from here:
http://www.akai.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=AA5900323C&refnum=CFTD2785AX/SMS
This remote you would not have to program or anything like that. Just put batteries in and press the input button. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.