Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

How do you have your flat screen fixed when something cracked

Customer Question

How do you have your flat screen fixed when something cracked the screen, SAMSUNG 52"
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first I must say that even if it was under warranty , the screen is not covered for physical damages like a hit ,fall etc.
As for a repair , as a rule of thumb the screen cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new screen and then again that is when you can find one.
When under warranty for defects , most companies will replace the tv instead of the screen alone.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here but I`m afraid that this makes your tv practically unrepairable .
Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So basically your saying that I should buy another TV, it's probably cost prohibitive to have it fixed. I got it on a really great deal and it would have cost me a fortune, but I found it new and bought it.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Cost prohibitive is correct , in some cases it could end up costing more than the tv new !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never looked at reviews or anything, I don't want my personal information out there. I seen where you have other services, so what happens, how long does this service last??? I don't want to be charged month after month after month, and with my schedule, I'm liable to not realize when the month is up. So how do I do this, I just had this question and it's not the answer I wanted, but I don't know that I'd have any other questions on.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , was out by the time you replied last night .
Sorry but I`m not privy to the billing issues , just a repairman working on this site I`m afraid but i believe you will find the answers to those questions at customer service where you first logged in at the link below;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
1.***-***-****
About the answer , sorry but that is the only one there is.
You are welcome to ask a local tech .to take a look but a service call costs upwards of $100 and you will get the same answer .