Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Screen is saying no video service and I don't know how to get

Customer Question

screen is saying no video service and I don't know how to get back to TV programs
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. If you have a No Signal or Service message on the screen, then it's caused by one of several things: 1) The TV was inadvertently set to the wrong "Input" (the Input button on the Toshiba remote changes the Input). 2) The HDMI cable between the FIOS box and the TV pulled loose or failed. 3) The FIOS box simply needs to be rebooted (FIOS can't check their box to TV connection, they can only test their signal TO the box). So, I need to know what you have tried so far out of what I outlined above please (have you tried ALL of the Inputs using the Toshiba remote, have you checked the HDMI cable, have you rebooted the box?). Please check those things and let me know so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not know what I did with my Toshiba remote

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
On the right hand side of the TV- all the way at the bottom most button is the "Input button".
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Each time you press it, it changes the Input that the TV is on. The Inputs are the jacks on the back of the TV that the sources plug into (Cable Box could be in HDMI, or component, etc.). Please try each one and let me know what you see on the screen.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance here, or are you back to your TV broadcasts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nremoteothing is happening, I will have to wait until tomorrow and see f I can find a Tshiba remote Thank you

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The Toshiba remote isn't going to make any difference since the button you needed to press is right on the TV as stated.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Now, when you say "nothing" is happening, what do you mean? Were you able to see the "Input" change on the screen when you pressed the "Input button?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Again, the INPUT button is on the lower right hand side of the TV. So, if you've pressed this numerous times (which I'm not able to determine by your response), and there's still no signal, then you would need to have the cable company come out- swap out the HDMI cable and swap out their box as the TV is simply not making connection to the box anymore. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my service before you go.