Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a PDP 6010FD plasma TV. I just moved to Ohio and have

Customer Question

I have a PDP 6010FD plasma TV. I just moved to Ohio and have cable service without a cable box. The scan doesn't pick up the he subchannels. What do I have to do to get he channels on this TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Whom is your cable provider please? Also, what do you mean by "sub channels"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is KAS, a small cable provider in Dayton, Ohio. I have an Internet ready TV in another room and the HD channels are on the subchannels. For example CBS is channel 7, the CBS HD channel is 7.1 and 7.2.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, this isn't going to be an option on the Pioneer- as it pre-dates "sub channels". It simply does not have the software required to recognize this. There aren't any pusbutton fixes for this issue, and the TV would require a box in order to have the same channels the new Smart TV is getting. I'm afraid there isn't a way around this. If you need further assistance let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a device I can buy that would pick up the subchannels and connect to the TV via a hDMI cable without going to a Comcast-type service?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Yes there is. A box by Channel Master such as the one at the link below, will pull up these channels and connect to the TV via HDMI in HD: http://www.channelmaster.com/Clear_QAM_Broadcast_Tuner_Box_p/cm-7001.htm If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And this will work for the pioneer PDP 6010FD TV?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Yes, why wouldn't it? It connects to any TV using standard RCA composite, component, or HDMI cables.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If not, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING? It is my livelihood.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
You could also purchase a Channel Master, or other QAM tuner for non-encrypted cable channels from Best Buy or possibly Radio Shack. I'm sorry there's not a quick fix, but the Pioneer was designed and built for technology that was around 10 years ago, and Pioneer has not made or supported these TV's in order 6 years.