Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TV went off while I was watching it. Red light at bottom flashes

Customer Question

TV went off while I was watching it. Red light at bottom flashes and there is a clicking sound every few seconds. It is. Sam60led. Sam. Un60d7000. Please help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Can you please tell me how long you have owned the set for?
Also, has the TV ever been hard to start or shut itself off in the past?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bought in may2012. Never had problem
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you. That clicking sound you're hearing is a relay on the power supply board, cycling due to a short sensed on the power board. This is a common issue with Samsung sets unfortunately. Please disconnect the TV from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Wait 30 seconds then plug the set back in and try to power it up. If you still have the same problem then repeat the reboot up to three more times to attempt to force a reset. If this does not work the power board in the TV needs to be repaired, or replaced, which is on average a $225 repair on an out of warranty Samsung 60". If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area: www.tvrepairpros.com Alternatively, if you're a DIY type and want to replace the board yourself, let me know and we can proceed. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go. It is my livelihood.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If the set still doesn't power up, there's two options.
Either purchase and replace the power supply board (I can dig for a source and post the link to it).
Or, have a shop perform the repair, and one can be located at the link below:
www.tvrepairpros.com
Please let me know if you need further assistance, and don't forget to click a positive rating for my efforts before you go.